- Login to the back end of the website site. NOTE: If you do not have your Username/Password hit Forgot Password
2. On the left-hand side click on Posts and click on Add New.
3. Type in the title of your post.
4. Add the content of your post here.
5. Your post is automatically saved periodically but it’s a good idea to click the Save Draft button on the right when you are finished. You can see what your blog will look like by clicking the Preview button. If you are ready to publish the post to your website, click the blue Publish.
Please note: If you would like to schedule the post to publish at another time, click the Edit link to the right of Publish immediately. Pick a date and time, click OK then click the blue Schedule button.
Please note: If you change your mind and do not want your post to show on your website, you can change the status by clicking on the Edit link to the right of Status, choose Draft in the dropdown and click the blue Update button.
- If you have several different categories of posts on your website, you can choose under which category you want the post to be published.
2. If your post needs to have a Featured Image in perhaps a list of blog posts, you can set the Featured Image by clicking on the Set featured image link, and choosing an already uploaded image from the Media Library. Then click the blue Set featured image button.
Please note: If you change your mind, click the blue Remove featured image link.
As mentioned before, even though WordPress automatically saves while you’re working, it’s a good idea to click the blue Update button to save your changes!